As of June 15, 2020 the Williamson County Public Library will be open for limited hours. Patrons may enter their Library Branches in Franklin, Fairview, and Nolensville Monday-Friday from 10-6 and on Saturday from 10-1. Our Bethesda and Leiper’s Fork Branches are open Tuesday-Friday from 11-6 and on Saturday from 10-1.
Our College Grove Branch will not reopen and only offer Holds-2-Go.
Holds-2-Go curbside service has been implemented at all Library Branches. It is offered at the Main Library in Franklin, Fairview and Nolensville from 9-10, Monday to Saturday. Bethesda and Leiper’s Fork Branches offer it from 10-11, Tuesday to Friday, and 9-10 on Saturdays.
All patrons will have their temperatures checked with a touchless thermometer and be asked five health questions by staff before they can enter their Library Branch. Patronage at the Main Library will be limited to 50 people per hour to ensure the ability to social distance while inside. It is required that patrons wear a face mask in the facility until all social distancing safety measures are installed. Some areas of the Main Library will have a smaller occupancy level due to the size of the space.
Library patrons will have access to all public areas of the facility excluding the meeting room and Williamson Room. It is recommended that visitors look online for their materials so they can quickly locate and borrow them. Visits should be limited to one hour or less so that others may enter the facility.
Other changes include:
- Patrons will exit via the Main Library Entrance and must enter via the Meeting Room to be screened by staff prior to their visit.
- Directional signage for moving about the Library is posted on shelves and other areas.
- Library staff are wearing face coverings.
- Plexiglass has been installed at service desks to ensure the safety of patrons and staff.
- 6 foot distance markers are on the floor at the service desks.
- Staff will look up materials and provide call numbers for the public. Patrons may look for the books themselves or stay at the service while staff retrieve the materials.
- 6-8 computers are available in the reference area for one hour increments. Call 615-595-1243 to schedule a time.
- There will be a cleaning of high touch areas every two hours.
- Seating has been reduced to allow for social distancing.
- Suspension of face to face services such as story times, exam proctoring, notary service, and one-on-one assistance at the computers. Please visit the website to see what services have moved online at http://wcpltn.org.
- The train table in the Children’s Department and other interactive activities have been stored away for the time being.
- AWE stations in the Children’s Department will be unavailable.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the facility anywhere.
- Returned items must be deposited in the outside book drop. Patrons can call 615-595-1277 to make an appointment to facilitate the return of items that cannot be put in the book drop.
- Water fountains are unavailable.
All materials will be available and patrons should take appropriate precautions in handling items. We ask that all handled library material be left out for staff to pick up, along with all returned library items, they will be quarantined for three days prior to their return to the shelf.
Magazines and newspapers will not be quarantined. It is recommended that patrons use gloves in handling those items. The Library does not have gloves to provide. It is recommended that patrons looking for magazines utilize the free Flipster app and the Tennessee READS apps, Overdrive and Libby. Flipster and READS can also be enjoyed on a computer.
Please visit our website for up-to-date information. The Williamson County Public Library System will continue to expand digital offerings such as virtual Facetime Live Story Times and digital Reference appointments. Updates are also available by subscribing to your Branch’s online newsletter, https://www.wcpltn.org/277/Newsletter-Sign-Up, and by following WCPLtn on Twitter and Facebook. Further announcements regarding changes of hours and in services will be made via these channels.
Join Ms. Liz on the Children’s Department Facebook Page for a live preschool story time at 10a!
Follow our Children’s Department Facebook Page to see our past storytimes and for more fun live storytimes with our staff!
We have had an overwhelming response to our Library2Go curbside service and are adjusting to the demand. In order to alleviate some of the congestion on our phone lines, we want to ask patrons not to call to let us know when they are here in the parking lot. Please pull up along the sidewalk at the entryway. We are putting up signage so you will know where to stop. Library staff will be at the door to take your name, go back inside to put your items on the Library2Go table, then step back inside so you can retrieve them.
Free masks will be on the Library2Go table too, courtesy of the Williamson County Health Department and the State of Tennessee.
Updated Library 2 Go service*:
Wednesday 9-1 and Thursday-Sat, 9-5
1. Call us at 615-595-1277 to request up to 10 items per family or to pick up your item(s) currently being held on the hold shelf**.
2. Staff will find the items and check them out to you.
3. Staff will call you to let you know when your items are ready for pickup and to come to the Main Library in Franklin from 9-1 and 2-5, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday plus 9-1 on Wednesdays.
4. Staff will instruct you to drive up to the front door where they will take your name.
5. Staff will go inside, get your bag and put it on the “Library 2 Go Pick Up” table between the sliding glass doors. Your checkout slip will be in the bag with your books.
6. Once the inside doors close behind the staff member, you may retrieve your items.
8. Return items such as books, dvds and audiobooks may be put in the outside return book drop.
*Your Library account must be in good standing with not more than $3 in fines and no overdues. Staff will discuss when you call if this is a barrier to service.
**Items on hold prior to the “safer at home” initiative are still on hold and may be picked up.
We currently are not able to place holds and route books via the courier. If there is a book you want at one of our branches, you can contact them to request it and pick it up curbside at their location. Our Nolensville, Fairview, & College Grove Branches are operating their curbside service from 10-4, Monday-Friday. Beginning Tuesday, May 12, our Bethesda & Leiper’s Fork Branches will be running their curbside service from 10-4, Tuesday-Friday.
This service is “use at your own risk.” For your own safety, we recommend wearing gloves when picking up your items. Library Staff wipe down the book covers when received and wear gloves as we handle materials but we have no method for cleaning pages.
Our goal is to maintain a manageable level of items going in and out that we can disinfect and loan with the number of staff on duty. These guidelines may be changed based on new information during the current pandemic and/or due to the need to adapt the procedure as it is implemented. Your understanding of the current limitations is greatly appreciated.