The main priority of the Williamson County Public Library System is the health and well-being of our employees and patrons. With that in mind, the Library Board of Trustees and Dolores Greenwald, Director of Library Services, are immediately closing the Library facilities until further notice.
Customers who have items checked out during this time will not be charged fines.
While staying at home, please take advantage of our ebooks and online resources such as Hoopla, Reads, TumbleBooks and more. Visit our website https://wcpltn.org for the Library’s 24/7 resources.
By Lance Hickerson, Reference Department
Originally published December 26, 2014
Holidays afford us time to relax, enjoy shows, catch up with friends, and share some of our favorite cuisine with special folks in our life. Funny thing, after those times of good cheer and catching up, one common post-festivity urge reported is the desire to stop into the library to simply browse around. Unfortunately, for many of these holiday moments, the library is officially closed. But please know, the back door is open. By this we mean the cyber door to all the library’s electronic offerings. Even on those “closed” holidays, the library still has some wonderful things available.
Here are just a few suggestions…
- Check out ebooks and audiobooks with READS!
- Browse online magazines.
- Explore Career Transitions if you’re thinking about new career opportunities.
- Learn a new word a day with Oxford Reference Online.
- Take a virtual tour of great artists without leaving home, through the helpful websites!
And there is a lot of online fun for children as well:
Online Fun Suggestions!
- Read digital picture books with our TumbleBooks Call us now for the id and password.
- Listen to an e-audiobook for teens and children via OneClick. All you need is your lilbrary card!
- Borrow an ebook via READS for Kids. Use the cute interface for young readers that lets them borrow chapter books and more.
- Explore new subjects in Kids Infobits with articles and reference books for young people.
- Play games and more in TEL4U.
- Learning can be fun for young ones with World Book Online. Try the Early World of Learning or one of the boxes labeled ‘Kids’.
So just remember, even though we are closed, the back (cyber) door is always open.