As of June 15, 2020 the Williamson County Public Library will be open for limited hours. Patrons may enter their Library Branches in Franklin, Fairview, and Nolensville Monday-Friday from 10-6 and on Saturday from 10-1. Our Bethesda and Leiper’s Fork Branches are open Tuesday-Friday from 11-6 and on Saturday from 10-1.
Our College Grove Branch will not reopen and only offer Holds-2-Go.
Holds-2-Go curbside service has been implemented at all Library Branches. It is offered at the Main Library in Franklin, Fairview and Nolensville from 9-10, Monday to Saturday. Bethesda and Leiper’s Fork Branches offer it from 10-11, Tuesday to Friday, and 9-10 on Saturdays.
All patrons will have their temperatures checked with a touchless thermometer and be asked five health questions by staff before they can enter their Library Branch. Patronage at the Main Library will be limited to 50 people per hour to ensure the ability to social distance while inside. It is required that patrons wear a face mask in the facility until all social distancing safety measures are installed. Some areas of the Main Library will have a smaller occupancy level due to the size of the space.
Library patrons will have access to all public areas of the facility excluding the meeting room and Williamson Room. It is recommended that visitors look online for their materials so they can quickly locate and borrow them. Visits should be limited to one hour or less so that others may enter the facility.
Other changes include:
- Patrons will exit via the Main Library Entrance and must enter via the Meeting Room to be screened by staff prior to their visit.
- Directional signage for moving about the Library is posted on shelves and other areas.
- Library staff are wearing face coverings.
- Plexiglass has been installed at service desks to ensure the safety of patrons and staff.
- 6 foot distance markers are on the floor at the service desks.
- Staff will look up materials and provide call numbers for the public. Patrons may look for the books themselves or stay at the service while staff retrieve the materials.
- 6-8 computers are available in the reference area for one hour increments. Call 615-595-1243 to schedule a time.
- There will be a cleaning of high touch areas every two hours.
- Seating has been reduced to allow for social distancing.
- Suspension of face to face services such as story times, exam proctoring, notary service, and one-on-one assistance at the computers. Please visit the website to see what services have moved online at http://wcpltn.org.
- The train table in the Children’s Department and other interactive activities have been stored away for the time being.
- AWE stations in the Children’s Department will be unavailable.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the facility anywhere.
- Returned items must be deposited in the outside book drop. Patrons can call 615-595-1277 to make an appointment to facilitate the return of items that cannot be put in the book drop.
- Water fountains are unavailable.
All materials will be available and patrons should take appropriate precautions in handling items. We ask that all handled library material be left out for staff to pick up, along with all returned library items, they will be quarantined for three days prior to their return to the shelf.
Magazines and newspapers will not be quarantined. It is recommended that patrons use gloves in handling those items. The Library does not have gloves to provide. It is recommended that patrons looking for magazines utilize the free Flipster app and the Tennessee READS apps, Overdrive and Libby. Flipster and READS can also be enjoyed on a computer.
Please visit our website for up-to-date information. The Williamson County Public Library System will continue to expand digital offerings such as virtual Facetime Live Story Times and digital Reference appointments. Updates are also available by subscribing to your Branch’s online newsletter, https://www.wcpltn.org/277/Newsletter-Sign-Up, and by following WCPLtn on Twitter and Facebook. Further announcements regarding changes of hours and in services will be made via these channels.