We have had an overwhelming response to our Library2Go curbside service and are adjusting to the demand. In order to alleviate some of the congestion on our phone lines, we want to ask patrons not to call to let us know when they are here in the parking lot. Please pull up along the sidewalk at the entryway. We are putting up signage so you will know where to stop. Library staff will be at the door to take your name, go back inside to put your items on the Library2Go table, then step back inside so you can retrieve them.
Free masks will be on the Library2Go table too, courtesy of the Williamson County Health Department and the State of Tennessee.
Updated Library 2 Go service*:
Wednesday 9-1 and Thursday-Sat, 9-5
1. Call us at 615-595-1277 to request up to 10 items per family or to pick up your item(s) currently being held on the hold shelf**.
2. Staff will find the items and check them out to you.
3. Staff will call you to let you know when your items are ready for pickup and to come to the Main Library in Franklin from 9-1 and 2-5, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday plus 9-1 on Wednesdays.
4. Staff will instruct you to drive up to the front door where they will take your name.
5. Staff will go inside, get your bag and put it on the “Library 2 Go Pick Up” table between the sliding glass doors. Your checkout slip will be in the bag with your books.
6. Once the inside doors close behind the staff member, you may retrieve your items.
8. Return items such as books, dvds and audiobooks may be put in the outside return book drop.
*Your Library account must be in good standing with not more than $3 in fines and no overdues. Staff will discuss when you call if this is a barrier to service.
**Items on hold prior to the “safer at home” initiative are still on hold and may be picked up.
We currently are not able to place holds and route books via the courier. If there is a book you want at one of our branches, you can contact them to request it and pick it up curbside at their location. Our Nolensville, Fairview, & College Grove Branches are operating their curbside service from 10-4, Monday-Friday. Beginning Tuesday, May 12, our Bethesda & Leiper’s Fork Branches will be running their curbside service from 10-4, Tuesday-Friday.
This service is “use at your own risk.” For your own safety, we recommend wearing gloves when picking up your items. Library Staff wipe down the book covers when received and wear gloves as we handle materials but we have no method for cleaning pages.
Our goal is to maintain a manageable level of items going in and out that we can disinfect and loan with the number of staff on duty. These guidelines may be changed based on new information during the current pandemic and/or due to the need to adapt the procedure as it is implemented. Your understanding of the current limitations is greatly appreciated.