Category Archives: Coronavirus Covid-19
Library2Go Services Continues on Tuesdays and Thursdays
The Williamson County Public Library System takeout service to provide library materials to patrons while the facilities are closed and with minimal interactions continues at all Library Branches except College Grove on Tuesday and Thursdays. Our College Grove Branch will continue to offer Library2Go services Monday to Friday from 10 am to 6 pm.
Here’s how to use our Library2Go service* at the Main Library:
1. Hours: 10:00 am to 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm on Tuesdays and Thursday
2. Call us at 615-595-1277 between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm to request up to 10 items per family or to pick up your item(s) currently being held on the hold shelf**.
3. Staff will find the items and check them out to you. Please allow an hour or more for your request to be processed.
4. Drive up to the door between 10:00 am and 1:00 pm or 2:00 and 6:00 pm.
5. A masked staffer will ask for your name, retrieve your items, and place them on a table for you. Your borrowed materials list will be in the bag.
6. Once the sliding glass doors close behind the staff member, you may retrieve your items.
7. Returned items go in the outside return book drop.
We look forward to serving you and putting books and more in the hands of our readers. Be well and stay safe.
*Your Library account must be in good standing with not more than $3 in fines and no overdues.
**Items on hold prior to the “safer at home” initiative are still on hold and may be picked up.***
For your own safety, we recommend wearing gloves when picking up your items. This service is “use at your own risk.” Library Staff wipe down the book covers when received and wear gloves as we handle materials but we have no method for cleaning pages.
Our goal is to maintain a manageable level of items going in and out that we can disinfect and loan with the number of staff on duty. These guidelines may be changed based on new information during the current pandemic and/or due to the need to adapt the procedure as it is implemented. Your understanding of the current limitations is greatly appreciated.
The Williamson County Public Library Main Library is reopening facilities on June 1 to the public on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10 am to 6 pm. The first hour on from 10 to 11 am on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays is reserved for our senior citizens and immunocompromised patrons. Branch opening days may vary by location.
Library2Go services will continue to be available on Tuesdays and Thursdays while facilities are closed to the public. Our College Grove Branch will not reopen and only offer Library2Go.
All patrons will have their temperatures checked with a touchless thermometer and be asked five health questions by staff before they can enter their Library Branch. Patronage at the Main Library will be limited to 50 people per hour to ensure the ability to social distance while inside. It is required that patrons wear a face mask in the facility until all social distancing safety measures are installed. Some areas of the Main Library will have a smaller occupancy level due to the size of the space.
Library patrons will have access to all public areas of the facility excluding the meeting room and Williamson Room. It is recommended that visitors look online for their materials so they can quickly locate and borrow them. Visits should be limited to one hour or less so that others may enter the facility.
Other changes include:
- Patrons will exit via the Main Library Entrance and must enter via the Meeting Room to be screened by staff prior to their visit.
- Directional signage for moving about the Library is posted on shelves and other areas.
- Library staff are wearing face masks and face shields while working at service desks. (behind a plexiglass barrier to be installed)
- 6 foot distance markers are on the floor at the service desks.
- Staff will look up materials and provide call numbers for the public. Patrons may look for the books themselves or stay at the service while staff retrieve the materials.
- 6-8 computers are available by appointment for 1 hour increments on the second floor. Call 615-595-1243 to schedule a time.
- There will be a cleaning of high touch areas every two hours.
- Seating has been reduced to allow for social distancing.
- Suspension of face to face services such as story times, exam proctoring, notary service, and one-on-one assistance at the computers. Please visit the website to see what services have moved online at http://wcpltn.org.
- The train table in the Children’s Department and other interactive activities have been stored away for the time being.
- AWE stations in the Children’s Department will be unavailable.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the facility anywhere.
- Returned items must be deposited in the outside book drop. Patrons can call 615-595-1277 to make an appointment to facilitate the return of items that cannot be put in the book drop.
- Water fountains are unavailable.
All materials will be available and patrons should take appropriate precautions in handling items. Materials that are handled and not borrowed are to be left out for staff to pick up. Returned Library items and picked up materials will be quarantined for three days prior to their return to the shelf.
Magazines and newspapers will not be quarantined. It is recommended that patrons use gloves in handling those items. The Library does not have gloves to provide. It is recommended that patrons looking for magazines utilize the free Flipster app and the Tennessee READS apps, Overdrive and Libby. Flipster and READS can also be enjoyed on a computer.
Please visit our website for up-to-date information. The Williamson County Public Library System will continue to expand digital offerings such as virtual Facetime Live Story Times and digital Reference appointments. Updates are also available by subscribing to your Branch’s online newsletter, https://www.wcpltn.org/277/Newsletter-Sign-Up, and by following WCPLtn on Twitter and Facebook. Further announcements regarding changes of hours and in services will be made via these channels.