Daily Archives: February 22, 2019
By Sharon Reily, Reference Department
Would you like to download eBooks, eAudiobooks and comics, stream movies and TV shows, and listen to music through one source – for FREE? Welcome to Hoopla, the Library’s newest digital resource! You can enjoy Hoopla’s hundreds of thousands of titles on your computer, tablet, or smartphone! And guess what? On Hoopla there are NO WAIT LISTS and NO LATE FEES.
According to Hoopla’s website: “You can stream titles instantly through your desktop browser or the Hoopla mobile app. If you use our mobile app, you can also download titles to your device for offline playback later, where Wi-Fi may be unavailable. Titles are automatically returned and removed from your device at the end of the lending period. “
GET HOOPLA AND CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT
Setting up a Hoopla account is simple. Download the Hoopla app on your smart phone or tablet from the App Store or Google Play. You can also create a Hoopla account on your computer on the Hoopla website (https://www.hoopladigital.com/).
Click Get Started Today and follow the onscreen prompts to sign up for your new account.
- If you’re on your computer, you’ll need to click Allow Location Access. On a smart phone or tablet, turn on Location Services in your Settings. This allows Hoopla to identify the location of your library.
- You’ll be asked for your email address and password. Make up a password (not your library card number).
- After reading Hoopla’s terms and agreements, click Agree.
- Once you’ve entered your email and new password, Location Services will search for libraries near you and display several. Choose Williamson County Public Library.
- You will then be prompted to enter your library card number and PIN. Your PIN will be the last four digits of your library card number, unless you have changed it in the last couple of months.
That’s it! You can start browsing for titles and begin streaming or downloading immediately. If you run into trouble setting up your account, call the Reference Desk at 615-595-1243 and Reference staff will be happy to help you. You can also check out some instructional videos from Hoopla Digital on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/hoopladigital/videos. These videos demonstrate how to use Hoopla on a variety of devices, including your TV.
GET YOUR TITLES
On Your Computer:
If you’re using Hoopla on your computer, you’ll see the home page when you log in:
Click BROWSE to see lists of popular, recommended or featured titles by genre:
Or search by title, author, artist, or series.
Click BORROW to check out the title or click the HEART to add it to your favorites.
Click READ to begin your book.
On Your Smart Phone or Tablet
If you’re using the Hoopla app, when you log in you’ll see your “My Hoopla” page.
Click an icon at the bottom to browse through the genres or click the magnifying glass to search by title, author, artist, or series.
Click the question mark for “how to” instructions and tutorials, and as you browse through the different genres, you can add titles you’d like to borrow in the future to your Favorites list. Click the HEART to access your Favorites.
When the search results are displayed, click the cover of the title that you’d like to borrow.
Click BORROW and then click READ to begin your book.
A FEW RULES AND REGULATIONS
You’re allowed to borrow 3 titles a month. So get started right away!
- eAudiobooks and eBooks: 21 days
- Movies and TV shows: 3 days
- Comics: 21 days
- Music: 7 days
That’s really all there is to it! Enjoy!