Awesome Box at the Main Library
By Jessica Dunkel, Reference Department
Have you ever read or watched something from the library that you absolutely LOVED and wanted to tell everyone about? Well now you can! Next time you check out something awesome from the library, return it to our Awesome Box. From there, we’ll spread the word that it is awesome!
What is an Awesome Box?
- An Awesome Box is a book drop for library items you think are awesome! It’s just like a regular book drop. But instead of putting items back on the shelf after you return them, we make a note of what you put in the Awesome Box and share it with everyone so they can know it’s is awesome, too!
What kinds of things should I put in the Awesome Box?
- Any library materials including books, DVD’s, or Audiobooks you find awesome. They can be helpful, mind-blowing, your all-time favorites, etc. Whatever you think other people would enjoy knowing about.
- Basically, if it was fantastic, helpful, amazing, valuable, entertaining, or just all-around awesome, put it in, so that everyone knows how good it was.
Does putting items in the Awesome Box actually return them?
- Yes – if you put an item in the Awesome Box it will be returned to the library (and then Awesomed!)
Where can I see what people have put in the Awesome Box?
- You’ll find what people have “Recently Awesomed” on our Awesome Box bulletin board just inside the Main Library’s entrance.
- For a full list of what has been “Awesomed” in the past 30 days at our library, visit this website from our homepage: https://wcpltn.libib.com/i/recently-awesomed. You’ll also find links to everything that our patron’s have declared Awesome, including movies and Awesome books for adults, teens, and kids.
So the next time you’re returning something, remember: the awesome things go in the Awesome Box!
Posted on February 3, 2017, in Hot Topics, Library Services and tagged Awesome Box, Book Reccomendations, favorite books and movies, Jessica Dunkel, patron picks, Patron Recommendations. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.